From time to time you'll hear us do commercials for certain clients. These are places that we trust to provide you with the best service in town
SANTA FE SPIRTS www.santafespirits.com
VERNON'S HIDDEN VALLEY STEAKHOUSE- www.thehiddensteakhouse.com or call them at (505) 341-0831
LEARNING RX - www.learningrx.com or call them at (505) 856-1596
SOUTHWEST EYECARE- www.southwesteyecare.com/ or call them at 346-0500
IDEAL IMAGE- www.idealimage.com or 1 (800) BE-IDEAL
PREVENTIVE PEST CONTROL- www.preventivepestcontrol.com or (505) 792-8380
ALBUQUERQUE PLUMBING, HEATING & COOLING- www.abqplumb.com or (505) 508-3808
James Blunt stops by the Peak studios for a chat with Jackie, Tony & Donnie, some breakfast and to perform a private acoustic set for some of our listeners!
Here are the pics from Acoustic Christmas featuring Sara Bareilles, Plain White T's, Big Head Todd, Ryan Star, Christina Perri, Hope and Hedley!
New York Times reporter, Michael Moss, has a new book called “Sugar, Salt, Fat” that explains the scientific methods that food manufacturers use to keep consumers buying addictive snack foods.
1. Food companies know how our brains work in a grocery store, and they pay big money for good placement.
A 2005 research study showed that people tend to move counterclockwise through supermarkets, from back to front — so eye-catching soda displays will be in the front right of the store to catch your attention when you go in.
2. The louder chips crunch, the better they taste. A study that found people rated chips as fresher and crispier when they made a louder noise.
3. Studies show that salt is addictive in some of the same ways as cigarettes or hard drugs, and food companies pack it into their products is astonishing amounts.
4. Commercially produced bread is heavy on salt because it keeps the machines from getting gummed up.
5. There's as much sugar in 1/2 cup of Prego tomato sauce as there is in three Oreos (two teaspoons).
6. "Fruit" drinks are some of the worst for you. Cherry Capri Sun has 28% more sugar per ounce than Coca-Cola.
7. The largest ingredient in Apple Jacks is sugar (43%).
8. A large (10-oz.) bag of Lay's packs one and a half days' worth of fat (about 100g).
9. Cheez Whiz does not list cheese as an ingredient.
10. Packaged food executives don't actually eat the products their companies make.
For the rest of the list, click on the link below.