From time to time you'll hear us do commercials for certain clients. These are places that we trust to provide you with the best service in town
SANTA FE SPIRTS www.santafespirits.com
VERNON'S HIDDEN VALLEY STEAKHOUSE- www.thehiddensteakhouse.com or call them at (505) 341-0831
LEARNING RX - www.learningrx.com or call them at (505) 856-1596
SOUTHWEST EYECARE- www.southwesteyecare.com/ or call them at 346-0500
IDEAL IMAGE- www.idealimage.com or 1 (800) BE-IDEAL
PREVENTIVE PEST CONTROL- www.preventivepestcontrol.com or (505) 792-8380
ALBUQUERQUE PLUMBING, HEATING & COOLING- www.abqplumb.com or (505) 508-3808
James Blunt stops by the Peak studios for a chat with Jackie, Tony & Donnie, some breakfast and to perform a private acoustic set for some of our listeners!
Here are the pics from Acoustic Christmas featuring Sara Bareilles, Plain White T's, Big Head Todd, Ryan Star, Christina Perri, Hope and Hedley!
1. Hit the Happy Hour Circuit—Take advantage of happy hour and you could save up to 30% or more on food and drinks. You could also take a tour of a few different happy hour spots. A free mobile app called "Happy Hours" shows food and drink specials in over 100 cities.
2. BYOB Wine--If you choose to dine with wine, avoid ordering by the glass. Restaurants tend to charge the full retail price of the bottle for a single serving of wine. So go to restaurants that haven’t gotten their liquor license. That way, you can BYOB without a corkage fee. Another tip is to skip the Chardonnay. It's America's favorite white wine and very overpriced. Try a dry Riesling or a Grüner-Veltliner instead.
3. Try Something Un-Comfortable--Doing something outside your comfort zone can help the chemistry. The trick is finding a low-cost activity. When couples do things together that are challenging and exciting, it improves the quality of their relationship.
4. Take in the Arts--If you need inspiration, a new site called HowABoutWe.com offers singles and couples unique date ideas based on your location and preferences. Free-to-the-public museum nights, screenings or art openings.
5. Cook Up a Challenge--It could be taking an art class, sailing or taking a trip together. Cooking is a great activity because there's the shared creativity of looking up the recipe or inventing a new dish. So don't just make dinner, create an adventure!
6. Plan a Zero Dollar Blow-Out--If it's a special date like a birthday or anniversary and you want to go all out, you can still impress for less. Put clues around your home or neighborhood leading up to a fun scavenger hunt or try a surprise hike to a romantic lookout.
7. Discounted Movies--Check out warehouse clubs like Costco where you can buy discount movie tickets in advance.
8. Take Advantage of Off-Season Discounts--If you're looking for an overnight date, consider a B&B during the off-season, when rates drop to as low as $60 a night. You can also check out wineries, where tastings are affordable.