From time to time you'll hear us do commercials for certain clients. These are places that we trust to provide you with the best service in town
SANTA FE SPIRTS www.santafespirits.com
VERNON'S HIDDEN VALLEY STEAKHOUSE- www.thehiddensteakhouse.com or call them at (505) 341-0831
LEARNING RX - www.learningrx.com or call them at (505) 856-1596
SOUTHWEST EYECARE- www.southwesteyecare.com/ or call them at 346-0500
IDEAL IMAGE- www.idealimage.com or 1 (800) BE-IDEAL
PREVENTIVE PEST CONTROL- www.preventivepestcontrol.com or (505) 792-8380
ALBUQUERQUE PLUMBING, HEATING & COOLING- www.abqplumb.com or (505) 508-3808
James Blunt stops by the Peak studios for a chat with Jackie, Tony & Donnie, some breakfast and to perform a private acoustic set for some of our listeners!
Here are the pics from Acoustic Christmas featuring Sara Bareilles, Plain White T's, Big Head Todd, Ryan Star, Christina Perri, Hope and Hedley!
1. Optimize Vitamin D levels--Low levels of vitamin D in the blood are linked with increased upper respiratory infections. Adults should keep optimum levels by taking at least 2000 IU daily. Get your levels checked if you think you are low.
2. Learn about immune boosting tonics. Medicinal mushrooms like shiitake, maitake, reishi and cordyceps. You can take extracts of these in liquid or capsule form. Also, a Chinese root called Astragalus is used to prevent illness and strengthen immunity once you do get sick. You can buy the root and make it into a tea or soup; otherwise, buy extracts in liquid or capsule form and take as directed.
3. Fight viruses with elderberry extract--The fruit of the elderberry shrub has a long history of being used for colds and flu. It has been supported scientifically with studies showing that taking a liquid extract of elderberry lowered the length of flu symptoms. Its antiviral properties seem to come from the flavonoids that give elderberry its purple color.
4. Breathe deeply--Do this correctly by using the muscles of your abdomen and the ones between your ribs to squeeze more air out of your lungs as you exhale. By moving more air out, you bring more air in. When you let your breath be deeper, you optimize immunity and access spontaneous healing in your body.
5. Live well--This has to do with proper lifestyle rules that we know we should be doing, but sometimes find difficult to manage. Make an effort to get rest, eat and drink well, move your body and manage stress. Get between at least seven to nine hours of sleep per night. You'll know how much your body needs based on how refreshed you feel when you wake up in the morning. Eat an anti-inflammatory diet filled with fruits and vegetables of a variety of colors. Try to get some exercise every day even if it's just thirty minutes of walking, and learn how to breathe well.